Workshop objective aims to provide a convenient platform for sharing and updating of renewable energy technology applications via information exchange, visits and discussions at renewable facilities manufactures as well as promote concrete cooperation in the future between Indonesia, Vietnam and China in field of rural electrification and clean energy development.
The delegation has visited and exchanged information on wind and solar energy technology under Electrification program in the People's Republic of China in Technical University of Zhejiang, Shanghai Wind Power Equipment Co. Ltd, Risen solar energy venture Company and projects implemented in Zhejiang Province.
In addition, within the working frame, the delegation proposed to continuous cooperation between VAWR and Hangzhou Regional Center (Asia – Pacific) for small hydropower (HRC), China’s National Research Institute for Rural Electrification (NRIRE) in various fields in the future. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Tung Phong, on behalf VAWR signed Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation with HRC representatives, Prof.Dr. Cheng Xialei - HRC Director focused on some key directions in the field of renewable energy, water resources, specifically:
- Efficiency improvement solutions for hydropower stations.
- Research on Automation pumping station and hydropower station up to 30MW.
- Joint training and dam safety management.
- Cooperation on pumping applications for agriculture and rural using solar energy, up to 5,5kW.
- Cooperation on wind turbine applications at low speed for aquaculture.
- Combined training at small scale on hydroelectric energy sources, wind energy, solar energy for agriculture and rural development.
- Looking to the future establishment of Research and Training Institute of rural clean energy for the region and support to select research equipment for training center. Cooperation in rural electrification training in Vietnam.
The mission has been successful with much impression on members and open new long-term cooperation of VAWR and Institute of Hydropower and Renewable Energy (IHR).
Pictures taken at the workshop: